Friday, January 4, 2008

So You're Wondering Who I Am?

I guess my presence in the blogosphere needs to be mentioned sometime, so now is as good a time as any, I suppose. I'll bet you're wondering just who exactly I think I am. Let us see how well I describe myself, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll answer them within reason.

For starters, I am a male who is a junior in high school with a growing, dare I say "inordinate," interest in existentialism. Caucasion, if that matters to any of you. I have dark blond hair, hazel eyes, very Norwegian, I guess.

I do plan to go to college in order to pursue a double-major in English literature and philosophy. Have no idea what I would like to do for a career, but I do know I would like to write some novels in my life time.

Okay, yes, I'll admit it: I was a Christian at one point, or, at least I claimed the title "Christian." But recently I rejected that system of beliefs, and have settled on atheism. Am I of the ilk like Christopher Hitchens, who think all religionists are "poison" to society? Not in the least. I sympathize very much with Christians, I think their presence is interesting, and would love to examine their beliefs from an atheistic perspective. You will probably read a few articles that I write which deal with the existence of God, and I do have some opinions on the polemics of modern atheism which I think could use a little improvement.

But obviously, by my screen name, URL, and blog title, you can see that my philosophy is existentialism, flowing greatly from Sartre and Camus, and I hope to be able to not only learn more about it, but find ways to make it practical to my life. You might think of me as the existential Thoreau.

As far as politics go, I fully support Ron Paul for the presidency. I can't wait to vote for him in my state's caucus, and eventually for the national election. I strongly adhere to a limited federal government, non-interventionist foreign policy, and sound money, among other things. Even though I am an atheist, I am pro-life, and undecided regarding gay marriage. Personally, I think, as Ron Paul does, that it should be a state issue (because it is!). If, however, I had to choose a Democrat, I think Sen. Obama is the better candidate rather than Hillary or Edwards. But that's just me. I'll be a Paulite until he either wins the presidency or drops from the race altogether.

I work at a buffet as a bus boy, so I'm usually not home until later at night. It's a frustrating job, and if it weren't so darn close to my house, I wouldn't hesitate to quit. But what can you do?

Finally, I have a two-year-old brother, I live with my mother and her fiance, although my dad and I have a great relationship (and my mother has a great relationship with him as well).

There. Now you know who I am. Please, if you think my blog will be worth the read, let me know that you are reading. Have a great night, or afternoon, or whatever it is where you are currently reading.

No comments: